AG (Attorney General=Aspiring Governor)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 30 04:28:31 UTC 2003

   Not for nothing are "AGs" called "Aspiring Governors."
--William Tucker, "Spitzer, the 'King of Torts,'" NEW YORK SUN, 29 July 2003,
pg. 6, col. 2.

   "AG" is not in the HDAS.  This joke has been associated with New York
Attorney General Eliot Spitzer frequently of late.

(GOOGLE)
... Critics have long held that Spitzer is more interested in political gains
that actual reform, joking that AG stands for "Aspiring Governor.". ...
business.boston.com/business/ articles/2003/07/17/spitzer - 24k -

<!-- START LEAD --> Democrat Lisa Madigan is running for Illinois attorney
general
as if the abbreviation AG stood for "aspiring governor." She eagerly stakes
www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ chicago/chi-0210140026oct14.story - 29k

... saying in politics, however, that “AG” stands for more than “attorney
general.”
They are also the initials for “aspiring governor.” This article ...
www.duanemorris.com/news/pub975.html - 20k

... Looks like there's ever more truth to the joke that "AG" really stands
for "aspiring
governor." By Dan Carney THE BIG PICTURE Back to Top. DJIA, 8989.05, -90.00.
yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/ content/02_43/c3805013.htm - 73k -

... AG—aka "Aspiring Governor"—was supposed to be a transitional job
on the way to senator or governor, as it had been for Lieberman. ...
slate.msn.com/id/89649/ - 38k

... Indeed, it's a hoary statehouse joke that AG stands for "aspiring
governor."
But you don't need to take my word for it, take Posner's. ...
www.neramicrosoft.com/level_1/highlights.htm - 23k

... and publicity in terms of being a battler for consumer protection." 26
Many pundits
have observed that "AG" often stands for "aspiring governor." 27 Thus, it ...

www.ntu.org/taxpayer_issues/ntuf_issue_briefs/ ibntuf121.php3 - 56k

... by aspirations toward higher state office. AG, they snipe, stands for
"aspiring governor.". "What they are pursuing," argues Dominick ...
users.clinic.net/jtierney/articles/ InstitutionalInvestor.html - 30k

... unpopular. Posted by: Jane Galt on April 29, 2003 03:16 PM. In Spitzer's
case "AG" *really* stands for "aspiring governor". Posted ...
www.janegalt.net/blog/archives/004119.html - 48k

<A HREF="http://www.checksandbalances.com/MN/players-page/pp011026.htm">   </A>
... The scene is set for Mike Hatch to mount a bid and possibly break the
AG curse (Aspiring Governor) for Attorney General’s nationwide. ...
www.checksandbalances.com/MN/players-page/pp011026.htm - 40k

... Development, +, ADI, Australian Defence Industries, +, AG, Aspiring
Governor,
+, ALF, Animal Liberation Federation, +, ALP, Alternate Liberal Party, ...
www.stands4.com/ bc.asp?category=GOVERNMENTAL&page=1 - 39k>
> ... , AG, After Goddess, Miscellaneous->Funnies. +, AG, Aspiring Governor,
Governmental.

... really doesn't want Pataki's job Eliot Spitzer wants it known once and
for all: The
initials AG stand for "attorney general," not "aspiring governor." It's the
www.thedailystar.com/opinion/columns/archive2000.html - 101k

(O.T.:  I came home from work and took a nap, waiting for my
third-night-in-a-row call from AOL BROADBAND.  I was in deep sleep.  The phone rang.  It was a
United Mileage Plus Visa solicitation.  I was so disappointed.)