Sopska Salads & Pizzas

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 5 20:07:05 UTC 2003

   It turns out that I'm about a mile away from the Pope as I write this...Rhoda told the group that the Pope had interrupted her other vacations also.  Hm.

SOPSKA SALAD--Also, shopska/shopski salad, as I posted several years ago.  Seen here all over.  OED?

  From a pizza place in town here in Opatija:

OLYMPIC PIZZA--cheese, minced meat, egg, onion
DALMATIAN PIZZA--cheese, prsutto (Istirian ham or prosciutto--ed.), olives
SLAVONIAN PIZZA--cheese, ham, mushroom, bacon, hot pepperoni, onion

SCAMPI BUZARA--a lot of dishes here are "buzara."  I don't know why.