CLEP

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu Jun 5 22:22:58 UTC 2003

Aha, from the '80s--about 25+ years after I was a college freshman.  But
it's telling that this is a "standardized test," presumably multiple
choice?  I was exempted not on the basis of my knowledge of grammar, word
analogies, and the like, but on my ability to write a coherent, well
organized, AND mechanically "correct" argumentative essay--the
old-fashioned test of whether one did or did not need Freshman English!  I
suspect this is what Bethany had to do too.