Digitization Projects (Atlanta); Chicago Public Library responds

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 12 12:12:23 UTC 2003

CHICAGO PUBLIC LIBRARY RESPONDS (continuing saga)

  The Chicago Public Library responds to queries within one week.  I told them about "Windy City" years ago, said the site must be changed, they agreed, and (of course) nothing happened.
  I sent them my latest.  One week goes by.  Two weeks go by.
  I'm giving superior information away for free.  Nobody thank me.  Could somebody just kill me?

  Subj:    Re: "Windy City" response?
  Date:    6/11/2003 2:44:18 PM Eastern Standard Time
  From:    Reference Desk <refdesk at chipublib.org>
  To:    Bapopik at aol.com
  Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Mr. Popik,
Thank you for your thoughts re 'Windy City' on  our web site.  Please be assured that we are considering your suggestion and are looking into the matter.

CPL E-mail Reference Team

DIGITIZATION PROJECTS

   After the BROOKLYN EAGLE article made the NEW YORK TIMES, I e-mailed the Atlanta public library system to ask about Southern digitization projects and got this response.

  Subj:    Re: Is any Southern newspaper being digitized?