No-Hit (1962, 1967)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 23 20:01:03 UTC 2003

   Oh, sure.  Like I carry the WASHINGTON POST in my back pocket.
   I searched "no-hit the," as in "Nolan Ryan no-hit the Yankees."

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
  Angels' Ryan Hurls No-Hitter Against Royals; The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973), Washington, D.C.; May 16, 1973; pg. C1, 1 pgs

  Darold Knowles Joins Nats, Makes Pitch for Starting Job; Will Get His Chance; By George Minot Jr. Washington Post Staff Writer; The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973), Washington, D.C.; Feb 23, 1967; pg. D1, 1 pgs
("Bunning has been a fan of Knowles since the day the latter entered a game in the sixth inning, bases loaded, none out, and no-hit the Los Angeles Dodgers the rest of the way.  The victory went to starter Bunning.")

  Tale-Teller's Balloon Needs Pros' Pin-Prick; Mary Haworth's Mail, M. H. 1965. The Washington Post All Rights Reserved; The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973), Washington, D.C.; Aug 17, 1965; pg. B6, 1 pgs

  Bosox Beat Yankees on Boyer Boot; The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973), Washington, D.C.; Jul 26, 1962; pg. B12, 1 pgs
("Righthander Earl Wilson (7-3) won his first game since he no-hit the Los Angeles Angels on June 26, but Dick Radatz came in to get Roger Maris on a foul to the catcher with the bases filled in the eighth inning of the first game.")