Drink the Kool-Aid

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Mar 10 22:59:39 UTC 2003

        From the Washington Post, Sept. 23, 1985:

        >>What he didn't want, Foley was telling Joyce Aboussie, Gephardt's
campaign manager, was "what I call the politics of Jim Jones, you
know, that let's drink the Kool-Aid' kind of downer."<<

        What's the documentation for the claim that it was Flavor-Aid and not Kool-Aid?  I recall that it was widely reported as Kool-Aid at the time, though I suppose this could just have been the power of the dominant brand name.

John Baker