half-assed

Tue Mar 11 16:52:25 UTC 2003

I think that HALF-ASSED means just 'stupid'. Of course, "your remark is
stupid" seems to entail 'I don't agree with your remark', but I wouldn't want
to say that that is what it 'means'.

For years my father refused to fix the broken toilet seat in the guest
bathroom because he liked to say that he kept it for his half-assed inlaws.