Blue Cheese (1800)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 13 18:29:28 UTC 2003

   OED has 1918 for "bleu" cheese and 1925 for "blue" cheese.
   From the British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries database:

Grant, Anne MacVicar. "Letter from Anne MacVicar Grant to Mrs. George MacIntosh, November 23, 1800"
[Page 102 | Paragraph | Section | Document]
Letter from Anne MacVicar Grant to Mrs. George MacIntosh, November 23, 1800 TO MRS. MACINTOSH.

Laggan, Nov. 23, 1800. DEAR MADAM, I HOPED to have sent your goose to-day, but cannot. He and the two blue cheeses, however, will, I trust, soon find their way; and with them receive an answer to part of your last letter. I have not yet seen R. to hear how well you look, and how merry you are. My mirth and beauty, which he celebrates, are not much increased this

Results Bibliography
Grant, Anne MacVicar, 1755-1838, Letter from Anne MacVicar Grant to Mrs. George MacIntosh, November 23, 1800 in Letters from the Mountains: Being the First Real Correspondence of a Lady, Between the Years 1773 and 1807, Vol 3. London, England: Longmans & Co., 1807, pp. 224. [Bibliographic Details] [11-23-1800] S6982-D025