-iz(z)- infix

Wendalyn Nichols wendalyn at NYC.RR.COM
Fri Mar 14 03:35:23 UTC 2003

As teenagers in the 1970s, some of my girlfriends and I used an infixing
secret language we called "Carnie"--I never knew why it was called that
before, but the carnival workers' language must be the source. The infix we
used sounded like "eerz": "Reerzick theerze feerzox" (Rick the fox, the guy
we talked about most in this language).

Wendalyn Nichols