hugely bad

Ben Ostrowsky sylvar at VAXER.NET
Wed Mar 19 14:10:35 UTC 2003

"General warns Iraq on chemical weapons" (AP wire story)
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/news/iraq/0303/19chemical.html

Lt. Gen. David D. McKiernan, commander of the U.S.-led coalition army
massing south of the Iraqi border, said in an interview with journalists
that the threat of chemical and biological weapons is the biggest danger
faced by the 100,000 troops under his command.

"It would be a hugely bad choice on the part of any Iraqi leader or
commander to employ chemical weapons," McKiernan said.

My earliest cite is Dec 28, 2002, in an online article from The Spectator
(Steven Norris' "I blame Ken"):

Few people these days drive in central London for pleasure. The extra
standing traffic produces pollution that is disastrously damaging to the
environment, and it is hugely bad for the London economy. Whether any of
this will percolate into the glass testicle at Tower Bridge I very much
doubt.

ObPopik: Am I in the OED yet? How about now? ;)