Vernor's. Was FW: Moxie (1885)

Sam Clements sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Fri Mar 21 01:05:23 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Abate" <abatefr at earthlink.net>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 6:02 AM
Subject: FW: Moxie (1885)

> Adding to what Barry P says below, Vernor's is (or was) a Detroit
invention
> and a favorite in that city, and unavailable very far from Detroit in my
> experience.  You could not get Vernor's in Cleveland even, and no one
there
> even knew what it was, unless they were familiar with the Motor City.

Frank,

I moved from Virginia/North Carolina to Akron, Ohio in 1971.  I distinctly
remember seeing Vernor's Ginger Ale(and I think Creme Soda) in a Deli in
Cleveland in 1972.  I just emailed a buddy here in Northern Ohio and he
thinks he drank Vernor's in the 1970's also.

As far as I know, it has been available here since that time.  I don't tend
to buy it, so I'm just going on my gut feeling about it being available
since that time.

Perhaps you're from longer ago than that time frame?

Sam Clements