"embed" and "shock and awe"

Frank Abate abatefr at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Mar 24 22:46:55 UTC 2003

Well, they should give Pulitzers to the broadcast folks; I didn't know.
This guy Bloom deserves one.  I guess he'll have to settle for an Emmy.

Aside from stellar reporting (he did his homework, too; he quotes Rommel for
chrissake!), the technology allows him to be on camera, steady and clear,
and talking in real time, while riding on the top of some sort of armored
personnel carrier through the desert at what looked to be maybe 10-15 mph.
Soldier on a machine gun in the background.  Amazing stuff.

Frank