fictitious (sp?)

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Tue Mar 25 05:02:50 UTC 2003

Back in the late '70s when I spent a lot of time in the university library
pretending to write a dissertation, I was a faithful reader of American
Speech and The New England Journal of Medicine.  "Factitious" was used in
the latter to describe symptoms manufactured by patients, by, for example,
injecting themselves with spit (ick!)
--Tom Kysilko