PSAT Glitch

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu May 15 01:04:30 UTC 2003

But apparently Keegan teaches journalism, right?  I've found that J-school
people are the most prescriptive of all; the writing prof at OU's
(reasonably well known) J-school has said, publicly, that we linguists are
"too tolerant" and "dangerous influences."  That, while even the NY Times
often uses "whom" in subject position if an embedded "I think" type clause
comes between it and the verb.  (We discussed this some time back.)