Rattlesnake Pasta (1996); Balboa Sandwich; Thai Cobb; Golumpki/Halupki

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun May 18 01:51:27 UTC 2003

RATTLESNAKE PASTA

   It's served at Pizza Uno's, but is it from Alabama?
   From the PIZZA UNO menu:

RATTLESNAKE PASTA--Chicken breast tossed with penne in a creamy
cheddar-jalapeno sauce.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
From: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=author:sgjg6566%40pipeline.com+">sgjg6566 at pipeline.com</A> (<A HREF="mailto:sgjg6566%40pipeline.com">sgjg6566 at pipeline.com</A>)
Subject: Re: Quick, Hot & Spicy Pasta
View: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=4pheao%24b3b%40news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com&rnum=13&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%2522rattlesnake%2Bpasta%2522%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3D4pheao%2524b3b%2540news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com%26rnum%3D13">Complete Thread (4 articles)</A>
Newsgroups: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.food.cooking">rec.food.cooking</A>
Date: 1996/06/10

In article <31BB7A0A.3269 at concentric.net>, STMorgan writes: >I'm looking for
any and all hot & spicy pasta dishes -- especially  >w/chicken.  There are no
real limitations to the "HOT" part except that  >it not be HOT just for hot's
sake -- the tasty part must remain intact. > >Waiting with ice water in
hand.... > >(Also, if anyone has a recipe similar to J Alexander's
Rattlesnake Pasta  > >(not really on the Hot side, but tasty) -- that would
be a great start!! >
    Hi!  I've got a spicy pasta dish that originally came from "The Great
ChiliPepper Cookbook" but I've altered it to our taste so it's a bit
different. As with any type of cooking with peppers--adjust to your own
taste!
 PASTA WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE (serves 4 - can be doubled)
2 tbs olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
8 sun-dried tomatoes
3 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
2 habanero peppers, chopped finely (seed for less heat)
3 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tbs tomato paste
1 tsp sugar salt and pepper
2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
2 tbs fresh chopped basil
12 ounces pasta--any type (we like rigatoni)
Parmesan or Romano (grated)
Saute the onion, garlic, tomatoes and chilies in hot oil for about 3minutes.
Add 1 cup of the broth and simmer additional 8-10 minutes.  Putall these
ingredients in a food processor and blend til a chunkyconsistency, adding
more broth if necessary.  Return to saucepan and addcarrot, mushrooms, the
tomato paste blended with any remaining broth,sugar, and seasonings to taste.
 Bring to a boil, simmer 20 minutes or tilthick sauce consistency is formed.
Cook pasta, in boiling salted waterapproximately 6-10 minutes.  Drain and
return to pan.  Pour sauce over andtoss well.  Garnish with extra basil and
cheese. Enjoy!! WATCH YOUR HANDS WITH THE PEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!;>) Julie

<A HREF="http://www.google.com/">  </A>
(GOOGLE GROUPS)