Dealybob

Sam Clements sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Thu Nov 6 00:57:35 UTC 2003

I don't know if I'm allowed to quote from the OED  but

<    1. A proprietary name for a make of construction toy comprising a
number of inter-linking building blocks. (Manufactured 1969-73.) U.S.
temporary.

  .   1969 Official Gaz. (U.S. Patent Office) 1 July TM15/2 Products of the
Behavioral Sciences, Inc., San Jose, Calif. Filed Aug. 5, 1968.
Deelie-bobbers for building toys. 1969 Telegraph (Brisbane) 2 July 46/5
Deelie Bobbers... They lobbed on my desk in a flower-patterned drawstring
bag which, upended, sent 100 plastic daisy cutouts spilled every whichway. >

Jesse perhaps has an earlier one by now?