Antedating of "Yalie"

Thu Nov 6 14:13:50 UTC 2003

There were the Gay Nineties and the Roaring Twenties,
but what came in between?  I can't recall similar
names for the two decades 1900 - 1919.

I still hear and read references to the "first half of
the century" and similar statements that make
reference to the 20th century, indicating to me that
the reality of a new century and millennium has not
entirely sunk in.

=====