MY final antedating of "yellow pages" (1927)

Sam Clements sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Oct 12 02:21:31 UTC 2003

I was close with my 1930 cite, but just too tired to do the final work.
It's 1927.

>From the Decatur(IL.) Daily Review, August 5, 1927, p. 8, col. 3-5 :

[Again, an ad for the telephone company.]

     The re-arrangement of listings in the New Classified Business Directory
makes it easier for you to quickly find the buying information you want.
      Just turn to the first two yellow pages in the middle of your
directory for full information  as to how the Classified Business Section
has been re-arranged and how to use this new Buyer's Guide.

(Illinois Bell)

*Further cites from 1929 would indicate that this was a new concept that Ma
Bell was starting in 6000 cities across the US.

There were no other ancestry hits back as far as 1912.

SC