STORE1 vs. STORE2

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 2 17:08:48 UTC 2003

In the 1970's near where I lived there was a large emporium entitled "The
Door Store".  (I strongly suspect it was part of a chain.)  For years I never
bothered going there, being under the impression it sold only doors.  (It was in
fact less than a block away from a major Home Depot/Lowe's type store that I
frequently went to.)

Finally someone tipped me off that the Door Store was actually a furniture
place, so I went there.  Yes, it did have a few prefab door assemblies on sale,
but the stock was mostly furniture, and I purchased a pair of six-foot-tall
bookcases that I still  use a quarter-century later.  They were lucky that their
overly cute name did not cost them me as a customer.

              - James A. Landau