Garlic Knots (1988)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Sep 8 00:16:57 UTC 2003

At 6:51 PM -0400 9/7/03, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>(FACTIVA)
>FEATURES TRAVEL
>An aromatic welcome to world garlic capital

You mean to tell me Gilroy, CA isn't the unique World's Garlic
Capital?  They always claim it is.  And they have their own garlic
queen--have had since the early 60's at the latest.  Maybe their and
Arleux's should have a championship playoff or clove-in--the event
described below carries more than a whiff of the similar proceedings
that have been taking place annually in Gilroy for ages.  Wonder
which one was first to call itself "Garlic Capital" (in either
English or French)...