Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire! (1970)

James C. Stalker stalker at MSU.EDU
Tue Sep 9 01:58:49 UTC 2003

Well, some  Louisvillians did have part of the saying.  I checked with my wife,
wives being obviously impeccable sources, who had a random childhood growing up in
Louisville and southern Indiana, for the most part. She confirms that "liar, liar,
pants on fire" was a common saying (perhaps more accurately an accusation), but
without the nose and telephone part.  I who lived my whole first 18 years in
southern Jefferson County, not technically Louisville, used the term regularly.
Sometimes, a river runs through it.

Jim Stalker