I. Omar Colodny, anyone?

Brenda Lester alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 11 18:41:26 UTC 2003

Any suggestions on where I can find information on I. Omar Colodny? He published a small magazine, Words, back in the 1930s. He taught at what is now LA City College. The folks there tell me that the college no longer has an archives. I am writing a history of "Among the New Words," which began as "The Living Language" in Colodny's little magazine. This history of the department is a part of my master's thesis, which also includes the editors, assistant editors, and remarkable contributors, like Peter Tamony, Adele Algeo, Mary Gray Porter, Mamie Meredith, and David Maurer.

Thank you for any advice.

Brenda Lester, Gradual Student

Macon, GA