Flappers' Dictionary (September 1922): An antedating: "bee's ankles"

Sam Clements sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Sep 28 23:30:46 UTC 2003

More from the Elyria(OH) cite for "flapper dictionary."(1922)

       The bee's ankles:  All right, very good.

(Wow!)  HDAS has "Bee's knees" from 1923.  Guess the phrase was moving 'up'
in the world from its start.

Also, perhaps another antedating:

              The Elyria paper has "Slummers:  Girls who
               attend studio parties."

I doubt that they were there for philanthropic or charitable purposes.  So
this may be an antedating.  I'll leave it to Jesse to figure out.