New Michael Quinion Book

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Mon Sep 29 16:59:03 UTC 2003

I hope this is not an inappropriate posting, but I thought people on this
list would be interested that Library Journal has a very favorable review
of Michael Quinion's new book, Ologies and Isms: A Dictionary of Word
Beginnings and Endings.  The review concludes: "Even if you think you know
the English language, you will learn a thing or two from this little
volume.  Easy to use, small enough to carry around, and chockfull of
useful information, this book is for anyone who truly loves language."

Congratulations, Michael!

Fred Shapiro