Re:       Re: whence BUCK NAKED?

Mon Apr 5 21:52:01 UTC 2004

However, in 1928 BUTT was not a nice word to use in conjunction with NAKED,
whereas BUCK was. Perhaps BUCK is to BUTT as GOSH is to GOD? That is to say,
BUTT NAKED could be old as the hills (no pun intended) with BUCK being what
polite people came to say and write.

M-W's predating must predate such archival resources as Newspaperarchive. I
guess that would be the place to look for raw (pun intended) data.