My karma ran over your dogma (1983); We, the Unwilling (1975)

Sally O. Donlon sod at LOUISIANA.EDU
Wed Apr 7 12:30:23 UTC 2004

Well, when I entered the University of Southwestern Louisiana (USL,
otherwise known then as the University for Slow Learners, and now as
the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) as a freshman in spring of
1973, the phrase was in full bloom on campus.

And still is. I used it in regular conversation three days ago with
colleagues at the Institute for Cognitive Science here to connote the
point at which individual liberties begin to infringe on those of other
individuals ("But, at some point, your kharma will run over my dogma.")

sally donlon