Blue sky, black death (1992)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 10 17:20:02 UTC 2004

TYPOS IN PREVIOUS POST--"Southwedstern," "varrios."  Sorry about that.

BLUE SKY + BLACK DEATH--891 Google hits, 197 Google Groups hits
BLUE SKIES + BLACK DEATH--486 Google hits, 716 Google Groups hits

   This skydiving entry deserves a post for itself.  It's Fred
Shapiro-worthy.  I'll check it on FACTIVA later.

(GOOGLE)
http://hem.passagen.se/TopFrame/lopsedel/0910/
"Blue sky, black death"
Philosophical expression for jumping hard and having fun without getting
yourself killed.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Blue skies
... work". "I adopt a stable freefall position, raise my fists to the heavens
and scream 'Blue Skies! Black Death!'. "Does that help". ...
rec.skydiving - Mar 5, 1993 by SKYDIVE - View Thread (8 articles)

Re: Newbie Greens
Blue Skies! Black Women! "Blue Skies. Black Death". is a much better quote.
Fits
in better with the current topic and no problems with political
correctedness. ...
rec.skydiving - Mar 3, 1993 by Robert Vernon - View Thread (3 articles)

Check out these lyrics...
... Do it if you dare Leaping from the sky Hurling through the air
Exhilirating high
See the earth below Soon to make a crater Blue sky, black death I'm off to
rec.skydiving - Aug 27, 1992 by traurig at ncavax.decnet.lockheed.com - View
Thread (1 article)

Re: FAQ
... I called the color pattern "Blue skies black death". Anyway, one of our
club officers
was joking around and come up and unzipped his pants as I was packing. ...
rec.skydiving - Apr 24, 1992 by Robert Church - View Thread (20 articles)

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
http://www.afn.org/skydive/culture/bsbd.html