"Joe Jihadi"

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Apr 11 15:04:09 UTC 2004

While reading the morning paper, I noticed a quote from one of the military currently involved in the siege? of Fallujah:

<<"The prospect of some city father walking in and making 'Joe Jihadi' give himself up are pretty slim," said Lt. Col. Brennan Byrne, commander of the 1st Batallion, 5th Marine Regiment.>>

The name seems to have originated about the time we went into Afghanistan in search of OBL.  Mainly on the net, even extending to spoofe video games-"Jihad Joe" and "Joe Jihad."

I hadn't noticed it before as a quote from the military.  Probably not encouraged.

I guess this one will go down in the books with the other names for the "enemy" since the beginnning of time.

Sam Clements