AILA 05 Call for Papers Rhetoric & Stylistics

Gail Stygall stygall at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Apr 15 20:50:55 UTC 2004

My apologies in advance for cross-posting.

I have recently agreed to serve as the convener for Rhetoric and
Stylistics for AILA 2005 (International Association for Applied
Linguistics).  I invite you to make a proposal for either a paper or
a symposium for the conference, to be held in Madison, Wisconsin, July
24-29, 2005.  This is the first time that AILA has been held in the U.S.
and the deadline for proposals is short--May 1--so that international
participants have enough time to process their paperwork to get here.  So
here's the call:

Call for Papers and Symposium: Rhetoric and Stylistics

Papers and symposium proposals are invited on any topic related to
Rhetoric and/or Stylistics.  Particular topics of interest include
Rhetoric and Style of the Disciplines, Teaching Style (both in
free-standing stylistics courses or teaching style in the writing
classroom, first or second language), and the Rhetoric and/or Style of
Media War Reporting.

Paper proposals should include the following:
        Title should be a maximum of 10 words
        Name, affiliation, and email address of presenter(s)
        Type of proposal, either a paper or a poster
        Classify your proposal as Rhetoric and Stylistics
        A proposal (limit 300 words)
        A summary for inclusion in the conference program (limit 50 words)

Symposium proposals should include the following:
        Title should be a maximum of 10 words
        Name, affiliation, and email address of organizer(s)
        Classify your proposal as Rhetoric and Stylistics
        A proposal (limit 300 words)
        A summary for inclusion in the conference program (limit 50 words)
        A list of names, affiliations and email addresses of all
                participants and their paper titles
        A paper proposal for each participant following the instructions
                above.

There is a one paper/symposium per person restriction.

To propose a paper, use your web browser to go to
www.aila2005.org/Proposal_submission.htm.  Additional guidelines are
available on the site.

If you have questions, please contact me.  And if you do make a proposal,
email me as well, so that I can check to make sure it has arrived.
Proposers should be notified in mid to late July of acceptance.
Gail
Gail Stygall <stygall at u.washington.edu> (206) 685-2384 and (206) 852-4120
Associate Professor, English Language and Literature
Faculty Legislative Representative, UW Faculty Senate
English, Box 354330, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195-4330