Lie like a rug (1951)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 16 14:27:25 UTC 2004

In a message dated Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:05:11 -0400,   Bapopik at AOL.COM writes
>  Subject: Lie like a rug (1951); Billion here,

>     A judge told me today that he had someone who tried to beat parking
> tickets by "lying like a rug."  That's not in HDAS or the CASSELL
DICTIONARY
> OF SLANG.
>     Do rugs lie?  Mine will tell a shaggy story every now and then,

making it a suitable companion for your talking dining-room table.  With a
menagerie like that in your apartment, why do want to go to Namibia?  If you
must travel, why not make the short trip to Concord, Massachusetts, to hear the
rude bridge?

      - Jim Landau