Magicians' words

Wilson Gray hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Apr 30 14:59:31 UTC 2004

        Uh, guys, as a former altar boy from back in the day of the Latin
Mass, I can assure you that the words are "Hoc est enim corpus meum"
(For this is my body). FWIW, I've always gone with the "hocus pocus
filiocus" etymology, but primarily because I was a teen-ager when I
first read it. I.e. I still believed that, if it's in a book, it must
be true.

-Wilson Gray