Another extraordinary coordination

Fri Aug 6 01:58:46 UTC 2004

This one is interesting because the author is both trying to be funny and
clearly worried that the audience won't get it, so he puts the coordinated items
in scare quotes:

Husband (on vacation): Biking, hiking, swimming. Why don't we ever get this
much exercise at home?

Wife: How quickly we discount the calories burned running "errands" and
"late."

>From the cartoon strip "Sally Forth," Created by Francesco Marciuliano, in
the Orlando (FL) SENTINEL August 4, 2004.

I'm scanned this, and if anyone would like a copy I'll be happy to send it as
an attached file to individuals who request it.

Ron Butters
Professor of English and Cultural Anthropology
Duke University
Relatively virus and care free because he uses a Mac