Arnold Palmer (half iced tea, half lemonade) (1998)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 8 05:55:57 UTC 2004

ARNOLD PALMER + TEA + LEMONADE--606 Google hits, 61 Google Groups hits

I went to the new "Shake Shack" in Madison Square Park. It had on the menu an "Arnold Palmer"--half iced tea, half lemonade. I decided that it was called the Shake Shack, so I'd have a chocolate shake.

"What's your name?" I was asked.

"Barry."

"Derrick?"

"Barry. B-A-R-R-Y. Barry."

"Derry?"

For the love of God! I paid the money and immediately went to the pick-up area and waited for my name. And waited. And waited. And waited. And then I asked for my food. "We must have given it to someone else," I was told. Another Barry? With a receipt for a chocolate shake? "Someone just took it," I was told.

Yes folks, maybe in a million years, someone will actually love me. But right now, I can't convince anyone that the Big Apple doesn't comes from whores, and I can't even order a piece of food.

Arnold Palmer probably doesn't have these problems. But why is it Arnold Palmer?

He did trademark such a drink. And iced tea and lemonade is popular on the golf courses and in Pennsylvania.

But was the name used before he trademarked it? You know, like some place calling a drink "Shirley Temple," not necessarily with her approval?

(GOOGLE)
eGullet.com -> Shake Shack
... Shake Shack's lemonade is perfect - tart enough to be a bit puckery, refreshing,
cold and ... it's called the Arnold Palmer I think (definitely named after a golfer ...
forums.egullet.com/ index.php?showtopic=48202&view=getlastpost - 86k - Cached - Similar pages

(GOOGLE)
http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/arnoldpalmer/
Brand Overview: The name "Arnold Palmer" has legendary roots as an original beverage combination of half iced tea and half lemonade, widely known for its refreshing taste and ability to revive the senses after a competitive round of golf. AriZona Beverage Co., makers of one of America's favorite iced tea, and Arnold Palmer have teamed up to bring you "Arnold Palmer Lite Half and Half". Refreshing without all of the calories.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Lunching with the King of the Sidewalk....(Contest)
Tea and lemonade is a Arnold Palmer? Wow, I did not know that. I thought
I mentioned he provided the feast but if not you clarified it! ...
alt.smokers.cigars - Oct 29, 1999 by Lee Watters - View Thread (21 articles)

Re: RANT John Kennedy. Big Fucking Deal
<pruned> Thanks! It's great weather for an Arnold Palmer! evitsky ... you?
-- Deidre It's half iced tea and half lemonade. Waitstaff ...
alt.callahans - Jul 20, 1999 by the Hermit - View Thread (193 articles)

Re: Mulder and I share a passion...
... Then there's what I've been informed, the Arnold Palmer (Half ice tea and half
lemonade) Being a texas gal extraordinaire myself(and lovin' it), we can't ...
alt.tv.x-files - Oct 7, 1998 by Circe - View Thread (173 articles)

Re: Svale In 'n Out OPEN
... I could order and *get* what I ordered (1/2 ice tea and 1/2 lemonade). I ordered
one at lunch this week at Burks, the waitress called it an "Arnold Palmer". ...
ba.food - Aug 24, 1998 by kfgecko at yahoo.com - View Thread (35 articles)

Re: Heer... Haf a Burdwhyzur...
... Weze lik to rekwest sumthing non-alcoholic fur owr meowmie. Shez likez
an "Arnold Palmer" (dats half ice-tea half lemonade). Itz ...
rec.pets.cats.community - Apr 3, 1998 by Jan Junod - View Thread (9 articles)

(TRADEMARKS)
Word Mark THE OFFICIAL ARNOLD PALMER TEE
Goods and Services IC 030. US 046. G & S: Lemon flavored iced tea. FIRST USE: 20030331. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20030331
Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 050904 050913 210325
Serial Number 78150585
Filing Date August 3, 2002
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition August 12, 2003
Registration Number 2865669
Registration Date July 20, 2004
Owner (REGISTRANT) Arnold Palmer Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION OHIO IMG Center, 1360 East 9th Street Cleveland OHIO 441141782
Attorney of Record Stephen A. Hill
Prior Registrations 0849445;1848758;1908638;1998579;2146086;2161853;2165666
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Other Data The name "ARNOLD PALMER" identifies a living individual whose consent is of record.
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

(TRADEMARKS)
Word Mark ARNOLD PALMER
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: An "Arnold Palmer" is a soft drink/beverage comprised of 50% iced tea/50%lemonade The mark is used to identify the beverage as an "Arnold Palmer"
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 78148230
Filing Date July 29, 2002
Current Filing Basis 1A;1B
Original Filing Basis 1A;1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Zavislak, Jay, Zachary INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 5514 E. Avalon Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85018 Phoenix ARIZONA 85018
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date June 10, 2003

(TRADEMARKS)
Word Mark ARNOLD PALMER
Goods and Services IC 030. US 046. G & S: tea and flavored tea. FIRST USE: 19970321. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19970321
Mark Drawing Code (5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORM
Serial Number 75282124
Filing Date April 28, 1997
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition March 10, 1998
Registration Number 2161853
Registration Date June 2, 1998
Owner (REGISTRANT) Arnold Palmer Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION OHIO IMG Center, 1360 East Ninth Street Cleveland OHIO 441141782
Attorney of Record STEPHEN A HILL
Prior Registrations 0849445;1908638;1911410;1998579;2033798;AND OTHERS
Description of Mark The mark consists of a stylized signaturee, "ARNOLD PALMER".
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Other Data The undersigned "ARNOLD PALMER" hereby consents to the use and registration as a trademark of his name by Arnold Palmer Enterprises, Inc.
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE