Nero Wolfe; was Re: Grab-handle or Strap in Car, etc.

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Aug 9 03:31:47 UTC 2004

I meant this to go to the listserv:

I went straight for _Some buried Caesar_ (1938), since I knew it
began with Wolfe in the back seat of the car. Indeed, the first
paragraph says "that when the car was in motion he always had his
feet braced and kept a firm grip on the strap". I also seem to recall
at least one reference to him sitting in the middle of the back seat
holding onto both straps!

Barbara Need
UChicago--Linguistics