Popular article, "A New Kind of English"

Patti J. Kurtz kurtpatt4 at NETSCAPE.NET
Mon Aug 16 01:32:26 UTC 2004

I agree-- I've used the video and I don't remember MacNeil using the "P"
word either.

If you read the rest of the article, the guys also identifies what he
calls "Spanglish" (by which I assume he means "Chicano English" and
"Ebonics" (AAVE) as Pidgins as well.

He also speculates that someone will "decide" to write a novel in
Arab-American (a blend of Iraqi and English) and see if it sells.

I also have some ocean front property near Phoenix to sell you....

Patti Kurtz
Minot State U

--

Freeman - And what drives you on, fighting the monster?

Straker - I don't know, something inside me I guess.

Freeman - It's called dedication.

Straker - Pig-headedness would be nearer.