Our Simon

Benjamin J Barrett gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM
Fri Aug 20 19:33:11 UTC 2004

On the Dave Ross show on 710 KIRO, Bill Press used the word "Simon" to
mean judge this morning.

I'm paraphrasing from memory, but he said something like, "Would you be
our Simon?" when asking the producer or director to judge his name the
beer-drinking bear contest.

The first thing that went through my head was trying to figure out a
connection to Simon Says, but then I woke up to the glory and
realization of popular culture. May Simon Cowell live forever in
greatness.

Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place (with ice cream)
www.hiroki.us