Chowing (pond-swooping with a parachute)

Tue Aug 24 15:22:15 UTC 2004

Barry's subject line isn't quite accurate. As the following paragraph quoted
from his posted citation makes clear, chowing is to pond-swooping as
belly-flopping is to diving (the kind we've been watching on TV the past
week).

Just as many competitors in the event skimmed along on belly or buttocks, or
lost speed and control and splashed unceremoniously into the muddy water, to
hoots and jeers from spectators. This is called chowing, and it is as
integral to pond-swooping fun as the perfect surface glide.
        <<<

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]
I am Mark Mandel's computer and I approve this message.