nuancification

Sun Aug 29 23:45:13 UTC 2004

James Traub, "Going to Extremes", NYT Magazine, 8/29/04, p. 16:

The Democratic candidate is, as we all know by now, so agonizingly
uncomfortable with categorical language that he starts equivocating in
the middle of an otherwise declarative sentence.  Kerry's
nuancifications do immunize him from the charge that he has surrendered
to the politics of outrage; on the other hand...

from Google web sites, just the one cite below; from groups, none.

... Actually, I have to disagree with Mr. Rake on your
'nuancification.' When I first
  started reading your blog about 6 months ago, I found you more than a
bit ...
  amywelborn.typepad.com/openbook/ 2003/10/not_surprisingl.html

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)