Come with

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Tue Aug 31 04:37:43 UTC 2004

At 8/29/2004 09:35 PM -0400, Beverly Flanigan wrote:
>I say it all the time--Minnesota born and bred, where Scandinavians and
>Germans commonly use it.  The two-part Germanic verb seems the logical
>antecedent.  We've discussed this before--archives, anyone?

Joan Hall has had enough time to weigh in on this one herself, so I'll just
relate that 8 years, 4 computers and 3 e-mail addresses ago I sent a
message to the DARE folks asking about "come with".  Joan responded, to the
best of my recollection, that the expression is widespread in areas of
German settlement, most common in MN and WI.  She also told me about ADS-L,
so you have her to blame.

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA
           http://www.visi.com/~pds