JFK (Just For Kerry); SAT

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 8 09:19:17 UTC 2004

JFK

   This one has been making the rounds recently.  It was used in a NEW YORK
POST story about "The Real Kerry."

JFK "JUST FOR KERRY--57 Google hits, 49 Google Groups hits

(GOOGLE)
 http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4052226/
At St. Paul's, a posh prep school in New Hampshire, Kerry was not popular. On
the hockey team, he was called "Keep-the-Puck Kerry" because he didn't like
to pass to his teammates as he skated toward the goal. Barging into pickup
games on the school's frozen ponds, he was known for stealing the puck from
younger boys and shooting it into the woods. At a Republican Episcopalian school he
was a Democrat and a Roman Catholic who worshiped John F. Kennedy. The boys
reportedly joked that his own initials—also JFK—stood for "Just For Kerry."
(Kerry told NEWSWEEK that the nickname is "bogus," made up a few years ago by a
mean-spirited Boston Globe columnist.) Prep-school boys of that era were not
supposed to grasp or grind; the ideal was "effortless grace." Kerry committed
the cardinal schoolboy sin of showing his ambition.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Michael Paine's cousin in the White House !!!
... and wear his Oxford cotton shirts embossed with his initials, ``JFK,´´ as
if the ... as
one said, joked that the initials stood for ``Just For Kerry.´´ He even ...
alt.assassination.jfk - Apr 14, 2003 by Gary Buell - View Thread (3 articles)
 He was an avid hockey and soccer player. He also founded a political> >
society; and it was obvious he was smitten by the Kennedy mystique.> > After a
visit to Boston in the spring of 1960, Kerry was heading for> > North Station to
return to St. Paul's when he saw a crowd gathering.> > It was a Kennedy rally.>
 > ``I was very taken. It just captured you, the whole excitement, and> > the
possibility of change. The next day I gave a speech about why he> > should be
president.´´> > Kerry was mocked by some at St. Paul's as a Kennedy wannabe.
He'd sign> > his papers and wear his Oxford cotton shirts embossed with his> >
initials, ``JFK,´´ as if the political affinity were preordained.> > Behind
his back, classmates rolled their eyes and, as one said, joked> > that the
initials stood for ``Just For Kerry.´´> > He even briefly dated Jacqueline Bouvier
Kennedy's half sister, and> > was at the Bouvier mansion in Newport, R.I.,
one summer day when his> > idol, Jack Kennedy, happened by and invited him out
for a sail.

SAT

   "SAT" means just that.  It no longer officially means "Scholastic Aptitude
Test."  It could just as easily mean "Kentucky Fried Chicken."
   The new movie THE PERFECT SCORE tries something for "SAT," but I forget
it.  "Satisfying And Tempting"?  One web site has "Scholastic Apparel
Tribulation."  Has anything else caught on?