JFK (Just For Kerry) and SAT (1947)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 8 19:38:14 UTC 2004

   Possibly.  I previously reported about LBJ (Little Brown Job).  The
initials JFK are candidates for slang usage.  It's early in the campagin season, but
there's every reason for the slang usage of the JFK initials to catch on.  If
it becomes popular enough, it should be recorded.
   Slang of other initials have been recorded.  For example, there are crash
meanings for the airlines TWA and SAS and MIAT. Government agencies such as
NASA, FBI, CIA, NSA have slang on their initials.
   I somehow knew this would happen.  I work my ass off, research my ass off,
and no one ever says anything good, and I get slammed for something "almost
wrong" like this.  It's been like that all my life.

   SAT is in the OED (from 1961).  That definition needs to be revised now
that "SAT" officially stands for nothing.  Here's a trademark.

(TRADEMARK)
Word Mark     SAT
Goods and Services  IC 016. US 038. G & S: PRINTED TESTS AND TEST BOOKLETS.
FIRST USE: 19470500. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19470500
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   73080156
Filing Date March 15, 1976
Current Filing Basis    1A
Original Filing Basis   1A
Registration Number 1067665
Registration Date   June 14, 1977
Owner   (REGISTRANT) COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION BOARD NON-PROFIT MEMBERSHIP
ASSOCIATION NEW YORK 45 COLUMBUS AVENUE NEW YORK NEW YORK 10023
Attorney of Record  LOWELL D KERN
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL-2(F)
Affidavit Text  SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).