Riviera Salad; Seabreeze Salad

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Feb 9 00:10:24 UTC 2004

   Some stuff from a visit to my local Food Emporium.

RIVIERA SALAD

RIVIERA SALAD--215 Google hits, 1 Google Groups hit

   Fresh Express offers "Riviera"--"Salad Blend with Butter Lettuce &
Radicchio."  Dole has a salad blend called "European."
   Did Alain Ducasse popularize "Riviera Salad"?
   The first "Riviera salad" cite below has "SPAM" and is probably not
authentic, IMHO.

(GOOGLE)
http://www.melborponsti.com/rdetail.php?source=melborponsti&record=spam0210
Riviera Salad
6 tb Cooking oil
2 tb Vinegar
1 ts Prepared mustard
1/2 ts Thyme
1/4 ts Salt
1/8 ts Freshly-ground black pepper
1 Garlic clove; minced
1 lb Potatoes -; (3 medium)
1/2 lb Fresh green beans
1 sm Red onion; thinly sliced
1 qt Bite-size lettuce pieces
1 cn Spam luncheon meat - (12 oz); cubed
1 cn Pitted black olives - (3 1/2 oz); drained

(GOOGLE)
Menu "Stetson" - Appetizers, salads
... garlic, corn), 550, 358. Riviera salad (tomatoes, boiled carrot, green
peas, boiled sousage, eggs, black calvair), 515, 335. Salad cowboy ...
www.stetson.kz/appetizer_e.html - 21k - Cached - Similar pages River Ranch

englishmenucontent3
... RIVIERA SALAD, tuna, mussels, shrinp, olives and black peper.....5.00.
www.restaurant-hetcarillon.nl/engMenu.htm - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

DUCASSE: Flavors of France
... Some of the recipes, such as The Riviera Salad, Like A Niçoise and the
Sautéed
Sea Bream with Clams, White Beans, and Girolles may scare off all but the
most ...
www.cyber-kitchen.com/cookbookreviews/review016.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar
pages

TYPOS.COM.CY - The online newspaper of Cyprus
... 3.45. HAM SALAD (Ham, green peppers, peas, mushrooms, rice, 2.80.
RIVIERA SALAD (Onions, tuna fish, black olives, egg), 2.55. CHICKEN ...
www.typos.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=439 - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

V A Restaurant & Wine Bar in Westport, Ct. serving California & ...
... vinaigrette, 6.95. CAESAR SALAD, 4.95. RIVIERA SALAD roasted beets,
oranges, fennel, baby spinach and citrus vinaigrette, 6.95. NAPA FIELD ...
www.culinarymenus.com/vrestaurant.htm - 79k - Cached - Similar pages

Left Bank
... 7.75 Riviera Salad Ruby red grapefruit, avocados, spring red torpedo
onions and arugula tossed with citrus and Champagne vinaigrette. ...
66.119.39.52/
94025COMRestaurants.nsf/0/57c5b62933400549852566ac00017e64?OpenDocument - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

ALAIN DUCASSE - LE LOUIS XV - LA CARTE
... Grand Riviera salad : Mix of salad, herbs and summer vegetables, tuna
belly, pickled
anchovies € and poached quail eggs, bread rubbed with tomato and basil. ...
www.alain-ducasse.com/_old/louisxv_explique_us.htm - 20k - Cached - Similar
pages

A Menu from the Louis XV
... GRAND RIVIERA SALAD: black truffle, artichoke, celery, fennel and endive
mixed with
wild and ... Menu is copyright Alain Ducasse and is used without permission.
shakti.trincoll.edu/~rlai/tssi/menu.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

More GFCFDiet Recipes
... Riviera Salad 6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs.) 1 cup prepared low calorie
oil and
vinegar dressing 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables (trimmed asparagus, green
www.geocities.com/ARNFL/recipes2.html - 72k - Cached - Similar pages

ShopFoodEx.com
Fresh Express Prepacked Riviera Salad Mix, Butter lettuce and radicchio.
Reviews,
Shopping Cart, 0 items. Bestsellers, 01. Dole Prepacked "Just Lettuce" Salad
Mix. ...
www.shopfoodex.com/ catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_497&products_id=2778 -
22k - Cached - Similar pages

St. Maarten - St. Martin Restaurants: Web-surfers' Reviews January ...
... We had a Salad Riviera (Salad greens, olive, tuna, anchovy, sweet pepper,
scallions,
hard-boiled egg) - a Salad Nigoise on steroids - and a bit of tuna on a ...
www.gobeach.com/restrant0602.htm - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Mountain Democrat - 5/1/1981
...SALAD combination nowadays. The RIVIERA SALAD Platter picture includes
lettuce, but.....of overcrowding. (For details consult the book "Animal
Liberation" by Peter Singer or.....being used in scrumptious SALADs, like the RIVIERA
SALAD Platter pictured here. SALADs.....cooled, cut into squares and serve with
SALAD. Cold souffle is good mixed with..
Placerville, California Friday, May 01, 1981  510 k

News Post Leader - 9/29/1993
...Italian SALAD Mix 99 or 8-oz. RIVIERA SALAD Mix Fresh Express 10-oz.pkg.
Pear..
Frederick, Maryland Wednesday, September 29, 1993  409 k

SEABREEZE SALAD

SEABREEZE SALAD--18 Google hits, 2 Google Groups hits
SEA BREEZE SALAD--17 Google hits, 0 Google Groups hits

   The Food Emporium has a new "Southern Tsunami" sushi bar display.  The
company is AFC Corp., www.afcsushi.com.  It claims there are 1,400 stores
throughout 45 U.S. states and Canada with sushi bar locations.
   "Seabreeze salad" interested me.  It seems a simple name for a salad with
something from the sea in it.  There aren't a whole lot of hits for it.
Chowhound's Tampa (FL) "Seabreeze salad" is obviously very different--is it a
regional item there?

(GOOGLE GROUPS)