as ADJ of a N as

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Wed Feb 18 20:13:22 UTC 2004

I've heard this construction before, but it's not very commonly used
where I come from (northeastern MA) or where I now live (western
MA).  I think of it as colloquial and technically ungrammatical, in
English at least.  I'm not well versed enough in linguistics to
comment on your characterization of the construction, but it
reminds me a lot of the partitive genitive in that it seems to imply
that the thing referred to is one example of a larger group of similar
things.

For what it's worth...

Joanne M. Despres, Senior Editor
Merriam-Webster, Inc.