encoded messages in the ADS-L Digest

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Fri Jan 2 20:11:51 UTC 2004

As Gerald previously noted, the problem is on his wife's computer.  Her Outlook
is set to use UU-encoding instead of MIME.  There is nothing recipients can do
in their e-mail clients to avoid the apparent gibberish.

But if you have WinZip (or any UU-decoder), and you really want to see what
Gerald has to say, do this:
--Highlight the gibberish.
--Copy and paste it into a new text file (using Notepad or your favorite text
editor.
--Save the text file as Whatever.UU
--Open Whatever.UU with the UU-decoder.  (If you have Winzip, in the file-open
dialog under Files of Type select Encoded Files.)

--Tom Kysilko