"pizazz" and "right in the pazazz"

Fri Jan 9 19:18:05 UTC 2004

        [Gerald Cohen, round 1]
... Note "right in the pazazas", which does seem to refer to the
rear-end.

>To the Scoffers, the Duffers, and the Golfers, this book is dedicated.
>"Right in the Pazazas."

        [Douglas Wilson]
>Why is "pazazas" thought to refer to the backside? It looks ambiguous to
>me. Is there more?

        [Cohen, round 2]

Douglas Wilson correctly questions my assertion that "right in the
pazazas" in the quote below refers to the rear-end. The term might just
as easily refer to the face. I'll try to obtain the book by interlibrary
loan and see if any further clarification is given.
        <<<

Or the genitals (="balls")? It ends in 's'; might it not be a plural,
referring to a common target of a painful impact?

-- Mark A. Mandel