Grasscutter & Grasscutter Soup

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 23 14:18:39 UTC 2004

   Greetings from a 10-hour layover in the Lagos, Nigeria airport.
   "Grasscutter" and "Grasscutter Soup" was seen in Ghana.  The OED international food "coverage" is, as usual, pitiful.

(GOOGLE)
AccraRacer's Homepage - Pictures from Ghana and West Africa I
... Smashed cassava with palm or groundnut soup. Add some goat meat, chicken or grasscutter
and much pepper of course. Nsenia, Brong-Ahafo Region, Ghana 1993. ...
Category: Regional > Africa > Ghana > Maps and Views
www.accraracer.de/index9.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Conservation International - About CI
GHA-14. Grasscutter: the most preferred bushmeat in Ghana. As I journeyed
from Accra to Assin Foso in the Central region of Ghana ...
www.conservation.org/xp/CIWEB/programs/awards/ 2003/Ghana/Judges/entries/gha_14.xml - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

Ghone to Ghana
... I still have no idea what a "grasscutter" is, but Vincent continues to compare
them to ... I tell Eric--on paper, the #2 walker in Ghana, but in reality the #1 ...
members.aol.com/_ht_a/rayzwocker/worldclass/ghana.htm - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

AJOL: JOURNAL OF THE GHANA SCIENCE ASSOCIATION: VOLUME 3 No. 3 ...
... The present study attempts to throw some light on parasitic infestations
capable of hindering grasscutter farming in Ghana. One ...
www.inasp.info/ajol/journals/jgsa/vol3no3abs.html - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

THE GRASSCUTTER (Thryonomys swinderianus) -
... Some Results Of Grasscutter Studies In Ghana: ... Asibey, EOA (1974(b)): The Grasscutter
(Thryonomys swinderianus Temminck, in Ghana. Symp. zool. Soc. Lond. No. ...
www.cdr.dk/sscafrica/as&ad-gh.htm - 74k - Cached - Similar pages

allAfrica.com: Ghana: The Bushmeat Crisis
... Since the grasscutter (Thryonomis swinderianus) remains the most preferred bushmeat
(65.1%) of the ... of volume of trade and preference, not only in Ghana but the ...
allafrica.com/stories/200211100069.html - Similar pages

Microlivestock: (1991), pp. 233-240: 19 Grasscutter, Nat'l ...
... In Accra, Ghana, during one year, 73 tons of grasscutter meat were sold
in the local market. This represented more than 15,000 animals. ...
www.nap.edu/openbook/030904295X/html/233-240.htm - 27k - Cached - Similar pages