or either ... one

Mon Jan 26 22:54:51 UTC 2004

"I thanks you all, both," reminds me of a true Southernism, the "or either
... one" construction, as in

"I have to buy some cookies or either make some, one."

Where in other parts of the country we'd say

"I either have to buy some cookies or make some, one or the other."

Have we talked about this before here? I think I published something on this
years ago, but it remains one of the less-well-known Southernisms, I suspect.