Pastured Poultry (1991); Shit Happens (1987, 1988)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 31 03:39:52 UTC 2004

PASTURED POULTRY

   When did the Super Bowl generate so much interest in American food?
   Every story I see is about regional food (Carolina slaw, New England clam chowder) or munchies (chips).  The Food Network has gone nuts.  They're have a six-hour "tailgating special."  Tell me if they interview Bruce Kraig about the "hot dog."  Just the thing I need after a full week of parking tickets.
   On the Food Network's TYLER'S FAVORITES (He's the guy who alternates between the words "cool" and "wicked"), he tasted various recipes for fried chicken.
   "Is this free range?" Tyler asked.  He was told that it's "pastured poultry."  Not to be confused as "pasteurized poultry."
   "Pastured poultry" has 5,880 Google hits and 178 Google Groups hits (from December 6, 1994).  It is not in the OED.

(OCLC WORLDCAT)
1.  Pastured poultry profits /
Author: Salatin, Joel.
Publication: Swoope, Va. : Polyface, 1993
Document: English : Book
Libraries Worldwide: 98

2.  Pastured poultry profits /
Author: Salatin, Joel.
Publication: Swoope, Va. : Polyface, 1999, ©1993
Document: English : Book
Libraries Worldwide: 20

3.  Pastured poultry profits net $25,000 in six months on twenty acres /
Publication: [United States] : Polyface, Inc., 1993
Document: English : Visual Material : Videorecording :  VHS tape
Libraries Worldwide: 2

4.  Pastured poultry manual :
the Polyface model /