Incest as a verb (was "fuck" in Wash Post)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sun Jun 27 17:18:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 05:46:43AM -0700, Margaret Lee wrote:
> Yesterday on the Dr. Phil show, a female
> guest, 50-ish, said, "I was incested by two men in my
> family when I was a child."  (The guest (Anne) was
> discussing her addiction to sex.) I've never
> heard  'incest' used  as a verb.  Is anyone familiar
> with this usage?

We have a scattering of examples of this going back to the
mid-1980s. A recent sample:

2003 D. GAINES Misfit's Manifesto iv. 67 Miriam's father,
Moses (Betty's grandfather), had incested all four of his own
daughters.

I haven't searched for it, though. But it's definitely in
use.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED