Posting etiquette

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Mon Mar 1 13:19:20 UTC 2004

From:    Damien Hall <halldj at BABEL.LING.UPENN.EDU>

: Could I please, fervently, renew my plea for people to make their
: posts clear? I've posted about this before, making two specific
: requests:

: 1.  Please would EVERYONE ALWAYS sign ALL their posts?

Happily done.

: 2.  Please would people mention the subject of their post in the body
: of the post, ie not just in the subject-line of the e-mail?

: What was a minor niggle is becoming a bit more of an annoyance, due
: to the fact that if you receive the digest version of this list, the
: individual posts don't have their subject-lines or their senders at
: the top of them...

Um, Damien, as someone who receives the digest version of this list, I'll
just point out that your post came in the middle of the list with the
following information at the top of it: